Are you a recently promoted Sergeant? Or has your membership of AGSI lapsed?
For specific queries on membership please contact Bernie Ryan.
Alternatively view the membership details below or download the flyer.DOWNLOAD MEMBERSHIP FLYER
Benefits of AGSI Membership
There are many tangible benefits to being a member of AGSI. Indeed we have seen an increase in our membership in the past year as members realise the value of having AGSI representation.
- Personal Accident Insurance: Lump Sum currently €40,000 and weekly benefit €160
- Casting Benefit: €8,000 for retirement through illness or bodily injury
- Spouse Life Insurance: Free Cover of €2,500. If no spouse, cover reverts to member
- Legal Aid Assistance: For members under the terms of the AGSI Scheme
- Optional Group Insurance Schemes: Available at competitive rates • High Quality Desk & Pocket Diaries: Issued to members every year
- Free Consultancy: On PAYE
- Email Communications: Monthly e-newsletter & regular news alerts
- Website: Members’ section on website with news and resources
- On Retirement: Members are presented with a specially commissioned bronze Garda bust inscribed with the AGSI logo
- Legal advice and support with discipline and GSOC investigations
- Trained advocates in each Division for consultation and support
- Representative on the Discipline Appeal Board
Advocacy & Lobbying
The Secretariat and National Executive work intensely to protect members’ pay and conditions. This work has proved invaluable during the recent negotiations under Haddington Road Agreement and on other measures, which are impacted by the Government’s current austerity programme. AGSI successfully negotiated direct talks with the Labour Relations Commission in 2013 – the first time in the history of the Association.
Consultation & Negotiation
- AGSI is a representative association established under the Garda Síochána Act 1977. Under Partnership AGSI has the right to have its voice heard at local and national level.
- AGSI has access to the Garda Conciliation and Arbitration Scheme which is established to deal with claims from members and groups of members.
- AGSI provide representatives on National Executive meets with Commissioners and participates in the Consultative Council with the Commissioner.
- Working parties on welfare and employee assistance, uniforms, personal protective equipment, communications, transport and general conditions.
- Regular meetings are held with the A/C HRM to deal with individual and group issues.
Optional Insurance Schemes
- Spouse Life Assurance – option to increase cover
- Garda Life Assurance – the GRA scheme, open only to member of representative associations
- Sickness Insurance Scheme
- AGSI Group Specified (Critical) Illness Scheme
- House Insurance Scheme
- Guaranteed Savings and Investment Scheme
- Local branch network to provide members with an opportunity to become involved in AGSI and represent their colleagues and peers.
- Local branches have access to District and Divisional officers and hold frequent meetings on local matters i.e. appointments, transfers, accommodation.
- Participation in welfare, health and safety, accommodation, catering and other committees
- Individual matters not resolved at local level can also be raised at national level
- AGSI is represented on the Boards of the Benevolent Trust Fund and the Garda Medical Aid
- All members are included in our database and receive regular information from us on issues of national importance as part of our comprehensive communications policy.
- Access to the Members Area of our Website
- Weekly News on our Blog (national, international, Branch, Member Profiles, Member Successes, Government Press Releases, Media Mentions.)
- Monthly News from the Top Table eZine (email newsletter sent to your personal email address) where the AGSI President provides an overview of the month’s meetings and activities performed by the National Executive.
- Regular eZine News Alerts from the Secretariat informing you of urgent internal matters.
Download and return the Expression of Interest Form to email@example.com or post to: