The AGSI Excellence Award is an accolade to recognise outstanding members of AGSI who deserve the honour either by virtue of their day job or because of work in their community. He/she can be nominated by any member of AGSI.
The closing date is 31 January 2014, but please consider your colleagues and don’t leave it to someone else to nominate.
Why Should Someone Be Nominated?
- Courage – an act of personal heroism or bravery which exceeds the normal expectations of job performance, such as placing one’s own life in jeopardy to save another person’s life, prevent serious bodily injury to another, or prevent the consequences of a criminal act;
- Public service ethos– when an individual, through initiative, creates or participates in a program or system which has a significant positive impact on the general population of a community which would exceed the normal expectations of job performance;
- Professional achievement – when an individual, through personal initiative, fixity of purpose, persistence, or endeavour, creates a program or system which has a significant positive impact on the policing profession which would exceed the normal expectations of job performance;
- Extraordinary commitment to voluntary groups/charity work/ service
- Outstanding and dedicated service to AGSI
- Commitment in inspiring others towards achieving the highest personal and professional standards
- Dedication in the performance of their function in a way that enhances, in a special way, the relationship between policing and the community
- Any other achievement which you feel marks the person(s) out as showing exceptional commitment to others in a demonstrable way.